The Friends of Glendon College was honoured tonight at a reception hosted by the York University Foundation to dedicate new plaques in the university's Honour Court. The event was jointly hosted by York U President Lorna Marsden and York Foundation President Paul Marcus. Good wine, very good food, quiet jazz and a bevy of philanthropists (honour court plaques recognise gifts of >$100,000) made for a delightful evening.
An additional highlight was that Chad Craig from the FoG board was chosen by the Foundation to represent all students in thanking the donors for their support. Chad was eloquent and effective and brought additional honour to Glendon. I also got to meet his partner, Michael Caldwell, who far exceeded any expectations I had. I knew he is a professional dancer but was not prepared for a tall gorgeous half Vietnamese with a charming personality. He kept me company while Chad networked and collected business cards.