2006-01-01
why this blog
For the past couple of years, I have maintained a personal journal in which I record the happenings in my daily life and, occasionally, my thoughts on the events around me. My journal has never been intended for publication and will remain that way. But I also have a desire to write about what I am thinking and my reactions to world, national and local events as a test of my writing skills and to share my thoughts with friends and associates and with out forcing them to read through eMails sent on my timetable. It's the sort of thing they should be able to read if and when they want, while still having the chance to comment if they so choose. This blog provides that forum and, starting from January 2006, I will see how dedicated I am to it and what interest there is, if any, in what I write. Readers can expect comments on political affairs, the mundane aspects of daily life and a range of topics in between. I make no commitment to post on a daily basis - only when I have something to say (or at least think I do). And so, let it begin.