Iggy arrives. Gives an even better speech to us than he did in his concession speech about the need to come together, to get enthusiastic about “our great leader” and give him our full unequivocal support just like he (Michael) was. Confirms (as he didn't need to, as he has many times before) that he's going to run again.
The only comment I have seen from Bob Rae it that it's time to reflect (which may be unfair, since I'm not on the ground in Montréal). Somehow I've always thought that Ignatieff would stick around whatever the results. He's that miuch of a man of principle. He will be an important player on Dion's "dream team". Will we be able to say the same about Rae?
Update: Dec 4 - The Globe and Mail reports that Rae has reaffirmed his plan to run in the next election. Of course this is not the same as saying he will run. The Globe goes on to speculate about what constituency he might contest, since Rae and Kennedy live in the same area, which is Kennedy's former provincial riding, and if any Toronto Liberal MP would give up a seat for Rae. I have one suggestion. Joe Volpe could accept it is time to retire. The voters of Eglinton-Lawrence would welcome Rae as their next MP.