How long have I waited for the day when Bell Canada (recently returned to its old name from BCE) would no longer be getting any of my money? Today, is that day as we converted to Rogers Home Phone on cable.
I’d managed to get away from Bell directly several years ago (at least 8 or 9) by switching to Sprint (subsequently bought by Rogers) for home service, but that only meant that I was paying Sprint to lease copper wires for me from Bell and Sprint was providing switching and lower rates for local and long distance calling. For wireless, I have been with Unitel (bought by AT&T Canada), and Clearnet (bought by Telus) and now have a Rogers connection which is by far the highest quality I have known in mobile phone service.
I was eager to convert to Rogers Home Phone on cable as soon as it was available, but held off waiting for the early converts to help Rogers work the bugs out of the system. But this month Rogers came at us to consolidate our TV, Internet and telephone bills and offered us $60 plus two additional phone features permanently if we would switch over to the digital cable phone service. The technician arrived right on time (8:30AM for an 8-11 booking) finished the job in less than 20 minutes, was clean, professional, friendly and polite and tested everything before he left. Obviously this guy never graduated from the Bell techies abuse the customer courses. Everything seems to be working perfectly.
Time to say “thank-you Mr. Rogers” for turning telephone service and your company around. And who cares who buys Bell, “cuz its’ goin down“.
I’d managed to get away from Bell directly several years ago (at least 8 or 9) by switching to Sprint (subsequently bought by Rogers) for home service, but that only meant that I was paying Sprint to lease copper wires for me from Bell and Sprint was providing switching and lower rates for local and long distance calling. For wireless, I have been with Unitel (bought by AT&T Canada), and Clearnet (bought by Telus) and now have a Rogers connection which is by far the highest quality I have known in mobile phone service.
I was eager to convert to Rogers Home Phone on cable as soon as it was available, but held off waiting for the early converts to help Rogers work the bugs out of the system. But this month Rogers came at us to consolidate our TV, Internet and telephone bills and offered us $60 plus two additional phone features permanently if we would switch over to the digital cable phone service. The technician arrived right on time (8:30AM for an 8-11 booking) finished the job in less than 20 minutes, was clean, professional, friendly and polite and tested everything before he left. Obviously this guy never graduated from the Bell techies abuse the customer courses. Everything seems to be working perfectly.
Time to say “thank-you Mr. Rogers” for turning telephone service and your company around. And who cares who buys Bell, “cuz its’ goin down“.