Jason Cherniak seemed like an arrogant without cause young politico when I first met him in the lead-up to the 2006 Liberal leadership convention. A lawyer from Richmond Hill, he was mandated to chair the delegate election convention in my riding of Thornhill and did so with minimal competency and seeming contempt for the members of the riding association there to choose delegates to the Montréal convention. Maybe he was constrained by rules and procedures dictated from party headquarters, or maybe his raw inexperience was showing. I wasn’t impressed.
Since then, Cherniak has blossomed. He is now on the provincial Liberal executive in addition to his responsibilities in Richmond Hill and he is authoring an excellent blog, Cherniak on Politics . I’ve cited several of his posts in my “worth reading” list and I am prepared to endorse him as constructive and effectual blogger. HIs post today on strategy suggests he warrants a more senior role in the party than he has yet been awarded (or maybe wants). Apparently, I am not alone; Janine Krieber, better known as Mme Stéphane Dion, has also endorsed Cheriak’s blog.
CORRECTION:
Jason Cherniak has contacted to EXARO to clarify that he chaired an annual meeting for the Thornhill Liberal riding association and not the delegate selection meeting as stated in the post. Responsibility for confusing the two meetings is entirely mine. /dpw
Since then, Cherniak has blossomed. He is now on the provincial Liberal executive in addition to his responsibilities in Richmond Hill and he is authoring an excellent blog, Cherniak on Politics . I’ve cited several of his posts in my “worth reading” list and I am prepared to endorse him as constructive and effectual blogger. HIs post today on strategy suggests he warrants a more senior role in the party than he has yet been awarded (or maybe wants). Apparently, I am not alone; Janine Krieber, better known as Mme Stéphane Dion, has also endorsed Cheriak’s blog.
CORRECTION:
Jason Cherniak has contacted to EXARO to clarify that he chaired an annual meeting for the Thornhill Liberal riding association and not the delegate selection meeting as stated in the post. Responsibility for confusing the two meetings is entirely mine. /dpw