2010-01-25

on the bright side

At least we can look forward to a new Toronto Transit Commission chair in 2011.

"TTC chair Adam Giambrone is expected to officially join the mayor's race in the next week. The 32-year-old councillor sent an invitation to his supporters Sunday asking them to come “Celebrate Toronto with Adam Giambrone” at Revival on College Street on Monday Feb. 1. “I'm looking forward to sharing my plans with Toronto in the next week or so, and participating in an exciting election,” Mr. Giambrone said."

link: Adam Giambrone's bid for mayoralty imminent - The Globe and Mail

Assuming he doesn't withdraw from the mayoralty race when he still has time to re-contest his council seat.

I have expected, since David Miller announced he would run for re-election, that "I'm not gay" Giambrone would carry the flag for the NDP and labour union die-hards. He should have the votes of the Amalgamated Transit Union, if they don't sleep through voting day.