Totally out of character for me to buy something this expensive, sight-unsee, over the 'net. But by the time Apple opened orders to Canadians, there had been sufficient positive reviews of the iPad to allay any concern. And so, on the first day the on-line Apple Store accepted orders, mine was placed for release-day delivery. Those who delayed won't see their iPads at the door for several weeks.
Yesterday marked the seemingly endless wait for the FedEx truck to arrive, including false starts when trucks passed-by without stopping. But at about 3:15PM, it was my turn. Maybe it would have been more exciting to have lined-up over night outside the local Apple "brick and mortar" store, but I'm a bit past that.
![]()
If we hadn't had dinner guests, I might have spend the entire evening exploring the device. It is almost addictive - well maybe it is and I just don't know it yet. There is good news in that it gets a WIFI signal at the farthest reach of our garden so web-surfing al fresco will be routine. It's so much more convenient than a laptop notebook on the breakfast table. The display is astonishing for its clarity and brightness. Am I a fan-boy? Definitely, but boys do have to have their toys.