Our Valentine’s Day celebration was a modest one, beginning with the sharing of cards over breakfast. I immediately regretted that I had not bought Frankie a present when I saw the large gift bag on the breakfast table – it contained red-plaid boxers – but was able to recover later in the day by buying him a bamboo green rib-knit T-shirt at Zara.
After a routine morning, we journeyed downtown in mid afternoon and spent some time shopping and checking Yorkville art galleries before seeing the movie Transamerica at the Varsity Cineplex. Then it was off to Masa for a Japanese dinner. We finished the evening with a stroll through the Church Street village where Frankie remarked on how few men and women were carrying roses of other flowers, but at least the restaurants were full of earnest looking couples.
Back-up, we had a night-cap of chocolate-mint ice cream and coffee liqueurs (from Cuba) and so ended “lovers’ day 2006”.