2009-05-28

this is the kind of guy who wants to be premier?

Frank Klees wants to succeed John Tory as leader of the Ontario PC Party. Every-day Frank Klees spams my e-mail box will appeals for my vote. Every-day Frank Klees changes his return address so my spam filter is challenged to keep up with his junk mail. Every-day Frank Kells ignores requests to be removed from his mailing list are. Bouncing mail back to Frank Klees, as undeliverable, is ineffective. This man seems to be running for the next great Canadian spam-king more than for the support of decent Ontarians.

I was a member of the Ontario PC Party, years ago; that ended back in the last century. But apparently conservatives never house-clean their mailing lists. During the last leadership race, won by Tory, I was inundated by calls and a bit of email. At least I could tell callers that I’m not a PC, won’t have a vote and am not worth calling again. No such luck with e-mail spam.

Years later, it’s happening all over again. Elliott, Hillier and Klees are the worst offenders but it’s obvious the PC party handed over its old contact lists to all of the candidates’ staff.. It’s indicative of how desperate the Ontario PCs are; that they have to resort to using ancient contact lists. I doubt they have signed enough new members to replace even a small fraction of those who have left as the party drifted into irrelevance. That Klees sends far more spam than his colleagues may be indicative of his better organization (according to media reports) and he may think that qualifies him to be the next leader. On the other hand, Elliott can claim to be married to the world’s dumbest finance minister. None of this will convince me to vote for them or any PC candidate anytime soon.

And then there are the telephone calls from Klees’ organizers. They can’t seen to get the meaning of “don’t call here again - there are no conservatives at this number” either. Are they so stupid as to believe that they can pester me into voting for their candidate Maybe I should try telling them Klees is my first choice of leader and, please, to spend their time calling the undecided. I could tell them I really want a leader who is the intellectual equal of Mike Harris. Maybe that would induce them to call someone else.

Incompetent and aggravating - that sums up Frank Klees’ campaign the man who would be premier. Fortunately, it won’t happen.