Global News, last night, and the National Post, today, headline a story that “60% of Canadians think Liberals don’t deserve power yet”, suggesting that Liberals’ dreams of returning to government soon are fantasies.
The moment I heard it, I thought, Wow! The Liberals are up to 40%.
Well not exactly. Buried in the report are data that indicate 34% of Canadians think the Liberals are ready to govern again. I assume this means that 6% are undecided or didn’t answer the pollster.
This snapshot poll could also be interpreted as a 4% rise in Liberal support since the January 2006 election which would warrant an entirely different headline. It’s not a bad result for Liberals.
The reports did not include whether questions were asked about to determine how many Canadians think the Conservatives deserve to continue in government. Such questions might have led to other headlines as well.
The moment I heard it, I thought, Wow! The Liberals are up to 40%.
Well not exactly. Buried in the report are data that indicate 34% of Canadians think the Liberals are ready to govern again. I assume this means that 6% are undecided or didn’t answer the pollster.
This snapshot poll could also be interpreted as a 4% rise in Liberal support since the January 2006 election which would warrant an entirely different headline. It’s not a bad result for Liberals.
The reports did not include whether questions were asked about to determine how many Canadians think the Conservatives deserve to continue in government. Such questions might have led to other headlines as well.