2006-12-02

Tous Ensemble

I certainly called this one wrong! If you had tried to convince me last night that Bob Rae wouldn't make it to the final ballot, you would have needed a lot of expensive Scotch.

So - congratulations to Stéphane Dion and all who worked to hard to get him to the top. It's a well deserved victory and all my reservations are banished in the name of party unity.

The sense of renewal is phenomenal! While I was an early fan of Ignatieff, and later Rae, I am delighted to see the old stalwarts of the party machine retired to make room for a new generation. I wonder who Harper is yelling at tonight for failing to prepare a plan to deal with Dion. Federalist, environmentalist, social justice advocate and a political science professor who knows how to turn theory into reality. And he'll be the two swords length away from the PM when the House of Commons sits next week.

I also congratulate Gerard Kennedy for starting the movement. From what looked like a lost cause at 9:00AM to victory in 9 hours - it happened because Kennedy and people like him, who knew what Canadians and the party really want is change and to get back their country, broke the status quo.

Allez Stéphane, allez! Tous ensemble.